Jan 18, 2013

Rick Owens FW 2013-2014 Paris Fashion Week

“The only thing I ever want to do is a moment of madness and fun". -Rİck Owens If there was any doubt that the Rick Owens AW13 collection was about volume, the combination of his Katie Got Bandz soundtrack (“Chicago. Rapper. Great.”) and the Palais Omnisport’s pulsating sound system definitely proved the point. Rick was in a grand mood and after a minor setback, which he referred to as a “zipper crisis” after the show (henceforth filed under ‘goth problems’), a magnified Rick Owens collection emerged from the dark, supersized frizzy hair in tow. A string of knee-length coats broadened over the body in a sort of crinoline shape and some were even wrapped around the shoulders and torso to achieve maximum contrast. “The only thing I ever want to do is a moment of madness and fun, and volume does that. I don’t really do a lot of details. I play with shapes more,” Rick told i-D. “When I was doing the coat in the beginning with the kind of A-line, I was thinking of vintage military coats, which have those big sleeves that are all about masculinity. And I was thinking, ‘This is kind of great. It’s like vintage, couture and masculine at the same time.’ Then we put them on big sturdy boots with skinny legs and topped them up with whipped cream: the hair.” If there’s a notion that a Rick show, with all its blackness, cold and aggressive bass, can’t be fun, Mr Owens certainly dismantled it. “I wonder sometimes if my stuff can get a little ponderous, so a little wind never hurts,” he said. “And this one was fun, I thought.” rickowens.eu http://i-donline.com/2013/01/rick-owens-paris-170113/